Saturday 4 October 2014

Saturday Blog

Yesterday I took part in a walkabout with management of  Barrhead Housing ( B H ). We had a look at various properties in Barrhead Central in the most good. There was some fly tipping found and this will be taken care of.

During the walkabout I raised the vexing matter of the derelict factory at the rear of Gladstone Av.

This factory has been in a state of disrepair for years & is dangerous this is being used by youths as a hideaway. As this property lies between  B H properties in Gladsone Av & Barns St I have asked if it is possible that B H liaise with East Renfrewshire Council ( E R) to see if the building can be demolished as a dangerous structure. I have raised this issue before but to no avail. I believe this land could be used for housing. I hope to receive a reply soon.

© Gateside & Dalmeny 2014      

No comments:

Post a Comment