Tuesday 4 March 2014

HI All

Now that I am felling a bit better I post a few comments about my trip to the one day conference at Hampden Park This event was hosted by N H S Scotland and covered a range of issues from mental health to understanding dementia. We all broke up in to various workshops & I attended one on dementia fronted by people from Kilmarnock who were using music as part of their way of dealing with this terrible inflection.
The program from Musical Minds uses song to bring relief to people suffering with dementia,from the video this appeared to be of help.
You can get assistance from Alzheimer Scotland on 08088083000 or helpline@alzscot.org


www.healthscotland.com 

After that we had a networking lunch followed by a key note speech  on other health issues.

My afternoon workshop was on health issues in relation to our travelling community this higlited just how hard it is for travellers to get assistance.

I believed I had some understanding of travellers issues  but I now must admit I have little to no knowledge or understanding of their issues.
The only thing it reinforced my view just how wrong some of the right wing media are on the issues regarding the travelling community.

By now East Renfrewshire Council ( E R ) have sent out the new edition of the E R magazine as usual it is worthwhile reading.

One important issue is on welfare reform there is al list of contact nos to call for assistance.

1: money advice on 0141 577 8420

2: crisis loans       on 0141 577 3478

3: or customer first on 0141 577 3001

All will try to assist.


© Gateside & Dalmeny 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment